About this listing
This is a great place for a single or a couple looking for a private, safe, clean, quiet comfortable studio apartment in a perfect location to explore Joshua Tree.
The Studio itself is a completely private bedroom with its own entrance, bathroom, kitchenette, outside area and carport. In the bedroom you will find a queen-size bed with a memory-foam pad, firm and soft pillows, a table with two chairs, a small walk-in closet, books and games, extra shelves, heater, swamp cooler and mini-refrigerator. The all tile bathroom has a 12-foot high ceiling with a skylight. Towels, soap and shampoo provided. The kitchenette also has a high ceiling with skylight and it contains a two-burner hotplate, a huge sink, a microwave oven, a toaster oven, pots and pans with cooking utensils, coffee, tea, plunger pot, hotpot, cups and plates. The outside area has a table with chairs, grill and a wood-burning stove -all great for watching the stars at night.
The Studio is perfectly located for quick and easy access to both the Joshua Tree National Park (you can hike into it from your door if you would like) and the great restaurants and shops of downtown Joshua Tree (you can walk to them right down the hill one mile away). It is is literally on the boundary between civilization and wilderness.
Being on the edge of the neighborhood you will be on paved road with quick and easy access to all the great places to eat and shop in Downtown Joshua Tree. But it still feels like you are in the park. An amazing view of two bouldered hills is yours right from the patio. In the yard you are surrounded with native Desert Willows, Creosote Bushes, Jojoba and Joshua Trees. Here you might also see Roadrunners, Quail, Jackrabbits and possibly a Bobcat. Many times you will hear coyotes right nearby in the field. Also being close to the National Park provides a really dark sky at night making the Milky Way and all the shooting stars shine bright.
A unique feature of the Guest Studio is that it is across the street from a canyon called Coyote Hole. The entrance is less than a third of a mile away. Coyote Hole is an amazing hidden canyon with ancient Native American sites scattered throughout. Here you will be able to see very old petroglyphs left by humans possibly up to a thousand years ago. This is an incredible place just to walk through and it is just right outside your front door.
What You Be Able To Do When Visiting:
-When you arrive you can quickly figure out the best things to do in Joshua Tree from the info center located right inside the door containing books, brochures and menus to answer any of your questions about the area such as where to eat or where to hike .
-You can walk or drive down the hill just one mile to find a restaurant for dinner or get groceries to cook something yourself in the kitchenette.
-You could go on an evening walk on the trail through the petroglyphs in Coyote Hole right outside the door.
-You can spend the whole night looking at the stars under the dark skies of the Park around a fire outside.
-You can wake up in the morning sauntering down the hill to the cafe for coffee and breakfast.
-You can take a full day to explore the Joshua Tree National Park without worrying about setting up your tent or getting ready for bed in the cold dark during the Winter.
-On Saturdays you can walk to the certified farmer's market and bring back the fresh produce to cook in the kitchenette.
-You could even ride your bike on paved road from your room all over the Park and come back to a great shower and bed.
-You can travel with your pet when staying here and even go for a walk with your companion on a real trail.
From the Guest Studio you can hike, bike, horseback or drive into the Park and yet also walk to the restaurants and shops. You can leave the car parked in the private carport the whole time if you would like. It is a private studio on the very edge of downtown Joshua Tree that offers a trail through boulders, prairie and brush into the Joshua Tree National Park right outside the door.
Other Things To Note:
Sorry we cannot accommodate more than two adults although additional guests such as infants, small children and pets are welcome.
Amenities include a private room and carport, full tile, heated bathroom with shower, kitchen (with cookware & utensils), private outside room (with wood-burning stove), fresh sheets and towels -and soap and shampoo as well, wireless internet, table and chairs, mini-refrigerator, dresser, closet and shelves, outside patio furniture.
*Special Note: By paying for accommodation in The Joshua Tree Guest Studio you necessarily agree to the Short Term Rental Agreement found in the House Rules.
Also: We are committed to conservation and the environment. We recycle and compost everything we can and provide that service to our guests as well. We help facilitate minimizing water consumption and garbage disposal too.
If you need more information please contact me or you could search for "Joshua Tree Guest Studio" online.
Jaybe (and Keri)
As a guest you have full access to the private studio apartment with private bathroom and kitchenette, as well as the outside private area with a grill and wood burning fireplace. Also the shaded carport is yours to use during your stay. There is also a trail into the wilderness across the road.
Interaction with Guests
I try to greet every guest myself when they arrive. But if not, I am always available to contact with questions. If I am not on site, there will be someone right near by to assist if you need anything. And I am happy to take anyone on a short tour of the petroglyphs if I can. There are also maps in the Studio to guide you in your own explorations through this amazing canyon.
The Joshua Tree Village is a neighborhood with funky cafes, restaurants, clothing and gear shops, art galleries and thrift stores. Yet the Studio is also right next to a canyon filled with petroglyphs. So I strongly recommend walking around both these places!
The studio is well located for those who like to walk. Either walking on the trails in the boulders across the street or to a cafe restaurant or store down the hill.
Other Things to Note
The Studio is really close to a canyon filled with petroglyphs called Coyote Hole.
By requesting and paying for accommodation in the Joshua Tree Guest Studio you agree to the following terms:
- OCCUPANCY - This is a studio apartment so comfortable maximum occupancy can only be TWO Adults. Additional guests such as infants, toddlers or pets are fine we just need some notice beforehand to make sure we have can have the room ready for what you need. Guests and visitors must be pre-approved by Owner in advance.
- FURNISHINGS – Furniture, bedding, mattress pads, books, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property must not be taken. Thanks!
- AMENITIES – Extra bed linen, bath towels, and toiletries are provided with the room but are not changed during your stay.
- WASTE - We try hard to not create more garbage for the desert landfill than necessary. We encourage our guests to use our compost bucket for food-scraps and NOT throw food in the Garbage. We also highly praise our guests who recycle!
- SEPTIC SYSTEM - Please do not flush bulky material such as tampons, cotton balls or a lot of paper down the toilet. Thanks a lot!
- WOOD-BURNING STOVE – The wood-burning stove is available only for guests who are able to watch the fire the whole time it is burning and thoroughly extinguish it
before leaving the area. Firewood may not always be available.
- SMOKING - No smoking is allowed in the guest room. Guests are welcome to smoke in the outside area.
- PETS – Well behaved pets are welcome provided the Guest will take full responsibility for proper waste disposal and any property damage that
- KEY – Please leave the key in the room before checking out. If key is lost there is a $10 replacement fee.
- ACTS OF GOD – Owner shall not be liable and cannot offer a refund for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest(s) occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, or inclement weather.
- INDEMNIFICATION and HOLD HARMLESS – Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever
arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s).