I was schooled in New Zealand, spent most of my life in Australia, 10 years in Shanghai- China, currently and for the next 8 years I will be here enjoying life in Medellin.
Digital safe's in most bedrooms.
Eight bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, 12 balcony's, pool table and bar, huge covered deck, 60" HDTV in lounge room, 40"-51" in most bedrooms.
Free secure covered parking.
Guests have access to all common areas throughout the penthouse as well as the privacy of their own rooms.
Very noteworthy is the beautiful breeze that makes it's way through the many open areas of the apartment keeping the temperature just about perfect at all hours (Medellin is known as "the city of eternal spring" and so A/C isn't something you need to worry about with spring like temperatures all year round).
The Laureles area is one of the most popular, very safe and relaxed and we are located only two short blocks from Calle 33 - arguably the 2nd or 3rd busiest bar and cafe area in Medellin along with Carrera 70 and Park Lleras being the busiest. Carrera 70 bars and cafes is only a 13 minute walk from our location and Park Lleras a USD $4 or $5 taxi ride away. There are many more modern restaurants and cafe's just a 7 minute walk to the Avenida Nutibara area. UPB University is an 11 min walk and is a popular place for people to take Spanish lessons. Unicentro mall and cinema is our nearest at 14 minutes walk, large grocery shop located less than 300 meters away. We are on major bus routes and Estadio metro station and sporting complex (12 swimming pools and stadium) is 25 mins walk or you can catch the Metro bus there for around .75 cents. All these facilities nearby but, rest easy, as your nights sleep will be quiet and peaceful.
- the main bus routes run just one block away from the apartment
- taxis in Medellin are very inexpensive with a 10 minute taxi ride sometimes costing no more than $2.00 U.S
- the metro system is amazing and has garnered international acclaim. the closest station is within 20 minutes walking distance
I typically prefer longer term tenants however stays as short as one week are currently being offered,
Interaction with guests
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little interaction as you like, I live here so am around most of the time.
Other things to note
Free local phone calls to/from Medellin land lines. Great for meal deliveries.
- smoking is permitted on any of the numerous balconies
- Check in after midnight is extra USD $10 cash for every hour after (in case a late flight booking is much less expensive). e.g. 01:00 am check in is $20 extra.
- one casual overnight visitor allowed, do not leave visitor unaccompanied in the apartment or give them access to penthouse keys.
- please clean up after using common areas such as Kitchen, Dining, Living, Pool Room, etc.
- always wash your own dishes!
- Quiet Hours after 11 PM during week days and 1 PM on weekends
- please do not leave private belongings in the common areas
- Respect each other
- Enjoy yourself :)
This host has 149 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Welcome to Magical Medellin and my residence Mega Penthouse https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4518294 or Cancun Mexico and the five star resort condo https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4594353, whichever listing interests you.
New Zealand born and educated, spent most of my life in Australia from West coast to East, lived in Shanghai China for the last 10 years. Now residing in Medellin, Colombia for the next 10 years.