About this listing
Enjoy Pacific Ocean views from your romantic private cottage and beachy Palapa bathroom. Walk to beach, hike or bike the Marin Headlands, visit Muir Woods, or do nothing at all but relax. Welcome to The Love Shack!
(Note: Airbnb collects 10% occupancy tax on each reservation.)
Queen bed. Bed linens, bath towels, and beach towels.
Small refrigerator with freezer.
Keurig coffeemaker, tea, sweetener & creamer.
Wine glasses, corkscrew, small plates, cereal bowls/spoons.
Private 120 sq. ft. guest cottage and outside Palapa bathroom.
Includes parking for 1-2 vehicles.
The cottage is heated with a portable heater.
Note: Palapa bathroom is outside and has a radiant heater; warmth is subject to the outside temperature. Please be aware of this before booking.
We have three friendly dogs and a cat on the property. The dogs are kept in a fenced area with no access to The Love Shack.
Interaction with guests
We reside in the main house and will give you complete privacy unless we can help you with something to make you more comfortable.
Other things to note
Ten Things To Do When You Visit The Love Shack
1. Hike the Coastal Trail to our north (starts at Muir Beach Overlook) or south (starts from Muir Beach).
2. Muir Woods (10 minutes; crowded on weekends, go early.)
3. Pelican Inn (One minute; apres beach for a drink, dinner, or Sunday brunch)
4. Stinson Beach (30 minutes) and Bolinas (45 minutes). Enjoy the beautiful coastal drive and cute beach towns along Hwy 1 North.
5. Point Reyes (One hour; lighthouse, cute town. A little farther north, enjoy oysters on Tomales Bay at Hog Island Oysters.)
6. Golden Gate National Recreation Area: tons of hiking trails around Mt. Tam surrounding Muir Beach.
7. Sausalito (15 minutes. Enjoy views of the bay and San Francisco. Shops and restaurants; our favorites are Fish and Le Garage. Take ferry from Sausalito to San Francisco and enjoy the ride on the bay.)
8. Downtown Mill Valley (20 minutes; shops and restaurants. Use shortcut; see map in drawer or map it.)
9. Golden Gate Bridge (20 minutes; walk or bike it)
10. Wine country (1 hour)
The nearest grocery stores are in Mill Valley (Safeway, Whole Foods, Good Earth). We suggest you stop at the store before your arrival.
You may enjoy dining at the Pelican Inn or several restaurants in downtown Mill Valley including Balboa Cafe, Vasco, Piazza D'Angelo Ristorante, Bungalow 44, Playa, Joe's Taco Lounge & Salsaria, and more.
Muir Beach is a residential community. Quiet, please. Registered guests only. No parties or events.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 53 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We love being Airbnb hosts ... in the mountains, and at the beach!
We've created homes that have that special something: charm, character, a place to make memories.
And we look forward to sharing our slices of paradise with you!