htis is not really a fair review but nice to hear that you at least liked the view of our villa and our taxi driver Rathnes. To respond to your complaints:
1. It is absolutely impossible for anyone to have a view into bedroom, bathroom and toilet from outside. The living room however is the most spacious and exclusive in whole Savusavu and has 70 sqm plus a covered terrace in front of 30 sqm. Without window in dining and kitchen area it would be very dark inside. The windows have stores and are from outside additional fenced against insects what makes it nearly impossible to look inside. We know it all from our living room. We can look outside and see all over daytime through the stores but it is not possible to look from the brighter outside into the darker inside.
2. We have employees. A maid and two gardeners to keep villa and compound clean and to assist guests in case of need. They are present over daytime from 8 am to 4.30 pm. The only workman passing behind the house was me the owner of the property himself. I was tiling a cellar room with entrance from outside and was passing 4 times a day behind the house. Yes I did renovation work but tiling is a absolute loudness job and did not disturb you at all.
3. I think it is already a effrontery to say that your Suite was not clean. If the maid really forgot to clean the coffee maker I apologize in her name but if I would have been on your place Ricky I would have simply removed the filter and that' it. Not even worth to loose a word. Sure is that it is a clean lie that the filter was moldy because the guest before you left at 8 o'clock in the morning and even in the tropics mold is not growing so quick.
4. The maid is cleaning up, changing bed linen and towels, giving new toilet paper and so on like in any other resort or hotel. She does it usually while the guests are absent not to disturb them. The mattress was removed while she was doing her job to be able to prepare another rental unit for the needs of new arriving guests. Nothing bad with it. Your belonging left absolutely untouched!
5. The only true statement is at the end of your review. You have been all day out. I am asking myself how it was possible to give you the feeling being in a fish bowl when you have not been inside the aquarium??
I will try to say you with a parable what I am thinking:
Bees and flies are both living beings of this world. While the bee is flying around and saying: “What a beautiful world - everywhere nice flowers, nice colors and nice smells” the fly is saying: “What a terrible world. Everything is black and brown, everywhere mold and excrements and all is smelling like s….”.
I think you are not a bee Ricky.
For everybody reading review and response I would like to say:
1. The small cellar room is tiled.
2. We have about 90 reviews for our rental units and got twice announced Airbnb Superhost for a review value higher than 4,8 out of 5 ---- including privacy and cleanness !!