Spacious apartment near University of Hawaii. Kitchen, large shower, secure entry, park with benches, and pool. Nice and breezy, rarely hot. One reserved parking, with ample street parking nearby.
20 minute walk to the beach!
You are going to love it here.
**NOTE** Check in/out time is FLEXIBLE, but you MUST communicate with me and approve the time!
Normal check in is 6:30PM!!
Normal check out is 11:00AM!!
Late check in is OK, but clear it with me. I have a normal job, so please be considerate. :)
This 1bd/ba apartment is about 600ft², with windows on 3 sides for an amazing cross breeze. The lanai opens up towards Manoa Valley/UH for an amazing view. The unit has a reserved parking stall and has WiFi and Netflix on the 48" TV. Towels and toiletries are supplied for guest use. :)
The space is located right outside of Waikiki near the University of Hawaii, with convenient on-ramps going both East and West just seconds away. Ample street parking(for folks with multiple cars). A ton of restaurants/grocers/supermarkets within a 5-10 minute walking distance! (some of the best breakfast/brunch places!)
The living room is equipped with a queen bed, as well as a beautiful and comfy white couch that has seen better days (there's a tear in it now), so I'll be eventually replacing that.
There's a gorgeous front door view of the sunset and skyline, as well as the side city view of Honolulu, along with the lanai's (patio) beautiful mountain/forest/valley view of Manoa Valley. You can watch the rain clouds coming in from there and spot a few rainbows from time to time. It's really beautiful.
The apartment is also blessed with a really lovely breeze (almost always), and the while the sunlight usually doesn't directly hit, it's a wonderful natural alarm if you position it right.
The living room has the TV, with Netflix and Screen Casting capabilities. I also have a private movie collection and a custom streaming application on the TV so you can watch movies I have, by request. There is WiFi in the apartment; If you need a cable connection you will need to let me know in advance.
We have laundry facilities upstairs on the roof for $1 wash/$0.25 per 15min dry commercial size. The apartment is very breezy and almost never gets hot.
** NOTE **
I want to ensure your expectations are correctly set as there have been a couple of people that were alarmed by the following, which is completely normal for us in Hawaii.
The lanai(patio/balcony) door is very heavy and the rollers are now broken. This means that opening and closing the door is tedious and difficult for nonathletic folk. I am looking into getting it fixed, but waiting for responses from vendors. Sorry if this is inconvenient! I leave my lanai door open 24/7 and don't really notice this kind of thing.
Some of the jealousies (windows) don't close or open properly and are stuck in place. Even in my new apartment, I have groups of them not working after a few months. There will always be some breeze because of it.
As it is breezy here, it also gets dusty. I have a roomba there to sweep daily, but it does eventually add up everywhere. This is not a sealed central AC'd apartment. Please don't be surprised by dust. :) We do wipe the apartment down. The apartment is extremely blessed by the breeze.
We also get a lot of rain and sometimes storm/hurricane wind. Someone complained about the paint near a window peeling and the curtains which have become stained because of the wind and rain. Even the new curtains I have (3 months old) become stained very quickly. I have not found any solution to this, besides removing them.. Any suggestions are appreciated. :)
You will receive a sets of keys. You will have access to the pool and park with BBQ (in the picture). There is also a laundry facility on the roof. You will be assigned a parking stall if you need it. :)
Interaction with guests
As light as needed. :) Communication is key and will be mostly through text and chat, as my schedule is hectic and I cannot always pick up my phone.
Other things to note
Past 10PM, keep inside voices and volume. Violation of this may result in termination of your stay with me. I really don't want to upset any neighbors.
1. Please do not leave food out. I have had guests leave food out and make a mess and bring bugs into the apartment. This is Hawaii, there are bugs. Do not leave food out!
2. Please be sure to wash your dishes and try not to spill food (surprisingly a lot of people do this). This is kinda part of #1, but not everyone understands that. If you break something, just let me know. It's not worth being upset or sneaking about or any of that. :)
3. Volume! Past ~9PM, please keep inside voices and volume. I really don't want to upset the other folks in the building. To be perfectly honest, this apartment doesn't get much complaints for sound when I watch action movies, or have folks over, but let's err on the side of caution. :)
4. Please don't hang anything on the balcony. It's against the rules. :(
5. No smoking. It's posted everywhere, but I need to re-iterate because I found some cigarettes in the trash (I wasn't being creepy, they were just there and it smelled really bad when i was throwing the trash away). The building is smoke-free. Vape is OK, but don't make so much smoke (it's noticeable.)
6. Please-- Dirty Shoes off at the entrance! That's how we do it in Hawaii. :)
This host has 146 reviews for other properties.View other reviews