About this listing
2 Bedroom private apartment on main level of a house, in a nice neighbourhood in East Vancouver, located directly beside beautiful Trout Lake Park.
ATTENTION FAMILIES & SMALL GROUPS! This unit can accommodate up to a maximum of 6 people (Bedding is One Queen Size Bed + 2 double size pull-out futons).
NOTE: Light Continental Breakfast is Included in Your Stay! For specific details on what I include in the 'Light Continental', please refer to paragraph #3 in the 'House Rules' section.
FREE WIFI! FREE WIFI! FREE WIFI!
3 Blocks from Skytrain which runs westbound into downtown (15 minutes) or eastbound into the suburbs.
The unit is approx 900 sq ft total and is very clean and tidy. It has good open spaces and is uncluttered. Slightly funky atmosphere, decorated with a few keepsakes from my world travels.
1st Bedroom features a very-comfy queen size bed. The 2nd bedroom is currently being used as a Den with 48 inch bigscreen TV available for your use (with internet, NetFlix etc) but it does have a double futon that I often fold out to accommodate 2 persons. There is also a 2nd futon in the living room for up to 2 more people. Each of the futons have foamy mattress covers and they are very comfortable!
Free washer/dryer, free parking for (up to) 2 (small) vehicles or 1 large vehicle (on the property) and unlimited street parking out front. Wireless internet included, small deck with BBQ underneath (which you are welcome to use, weather permitting of course) + front and backyard space. Apartment comes with all of the predictable household fixings including fully equipped kitchen, fresh towels and linens provided etc.
Please allow me to introduce you to the 2 newest members of my family: Two, 80's style' stand up arcade games!! (Please see pictures) One machine has 138 games and the other has 410 games. This is all the classic 80's stuff: All of the Pac-Mans, Donkey Kongs, Frogger, Double Dragon and on and on. Unlimited free plays provided of course!! (**Disclaimer to the wives and girlfriends: I cannot be held responsible for strain put on your relationship due to your husband's or boyfriend's Ms. Pac-Man binges. You've been warned! :)
1 Skytrain stop away from funky locals neighborhood (Commercial Drive). I will offer to leave an info sheet for tips (or we can just chat about it in person, whichever you prefer) on what to do, where to go, basic transit tips and how to 'do as the locals do' for your visit, including money saving tips on restaurants and shopping. Vancouver doesn't have to be expensive if you have local knowledge on your side.
Additional Fun Stuff: A record player is also in the living room. A few books and magazines available for your browsing. If you like, I will leave out my acoustic guitar for your strumming pleasure.
*Please Note I have provided some additional, very specific information about my property and what to expect during your stay in the 'House Rules' section. I suggest that you read through this information so that you are well informed about your upcoming stay. Details in this section were largely culled from helpful feedback from previous guests, so they will probably be relevant for you too!
You will have access to all of the areas as described in 'The Space', this includes: 2 full bedrooms, 1 large living room (which doubles as the '3rd bedroom', but even with the futon pulled down for sleeping use, there is still plenty of room), 1 bathroom, 1 standard size kitchen, 1 laundry room, 1 outside deck (facing the backyard), 1 backyard, 1 front yard, 1 parking space (that could fit 2 small cars or 1 very large vehicle).
Interaction with Guests
I'm always available on short notice to answer your questions/concerns posted on the Airbnb message board. I've been hosting for 3 + years now & previously worked in hospitality, so I have (or can get) plenty of recommendations for things to see/dodo (sights, dining, etc) if you need them. W/ only rare exceptions, I'm available to come by the house any time day or night if you need to chat in person. During regular business hours (Mon - Fri, 9 AM to 6 PM-ish) I'm at my office which is 10 minute drive from the house, my work is (usually) flexible, so I can typically come by the house during these hours on short notice. Even outside of those hours I'm typically able to come by in an hour or less. If you, as my guest have a legitimate 'high-priority concern' or emergency you can contact me 24 hours/day, 7 days/week without exception & I'm always be happy to address your concerns immediately so you can continue to enjoy your stay.
• Smokers please step outside on the balcony where ashtrays are provided. Absolutely no smoking inside the house please.
• Light Continental: Though I may have to substitute any specific items mentioned as needed and dependent upon seasonality etc., the Light Continental typically includes (please read text below also, RE: how I offer this amenity):
• Apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries and/or pineapple (a real pineapple, not one from a can!) based on seasonality & availability
• Coffee, tea, hot chocolate & all necessary fixings for them - cream and milk, sugar and honey etc.
• One loaf of banana bread. On rare occasions when we run out of time to prepare baked goods, I will bring a box of donuts by for you to enjoy. Yummy!!
• I used to always provide a large bowl of fruit and a loaf of banana bread for every guest for their arrival. This didn't work out well & lead to allot of waste over time. Currently, I will only purchase fruit & bread items when you indicate directly to me that you want them & preferably tell me specifically what you want. If you're able to do so prior to arrival that would be helpful but if not, I will ask you when you arrive at the house. This is in an effort to cut down on wasteful practices and also to accommodate you better. The coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc are permanent fixtures in my kitchen, so no need to request those
• There are no pets that live at this property and I generally prefer not to have pets stay with my Airbnb guests. On occasion I may be willing to make an exception on this, especially if you have a very small pet who does not do any significant shedding. Please check with me at the time of first making a request. If you have already booked and not mentioned any pets, I assume that means that you are not bringing any.
• Unlike most Airbnb hosts, I only ask for $20 in cleaning fees. Some hosts charge upwards of $200 for cleaning, which I think is outrageous! Maybe you will take this into consideration when comparing the value of my place to others on Airbnb
• This unit is my home. It seems that with Airbnb the majority of listings are in fact the host's home, but regardless I would like to make sure this is very clear. I will not be staying in the unit while you are here of course, but my personal possessions will be, so if any additional arrangements need to be made to better accommodate you during your stay (for example, maybe you would want me to remove my clothing from my bedroom closet in order to make space for yours, etc. etc.) then feel free to communicate this to me, preferably prior to your arrival or otherwise upon arrival, and if necessary during your stay. I will do anything (within reason) to help make your stay as comfortable as possible.
• As noted, this is a private unit which is to say that you have use of the entire unit and it has its own private entries (2). However, this unit is on the main level of a house and there is a basement suite downstairs which is occupied by a full-time tenant. The downstairs unit is separate and has its' own entrance of course. The only communal space between the two units is the laundry facility which is located at the bottom of a staircase when accessing it from my unit. The downstairs tenant also has access to the laundry facility through her own entrance. Use of the laundry facilities is on a ‘first come first serve' basis so to speak, but this has never presented any issue for the many guests who have already stayed here. There is a lock on the door at the top of the stairs so that you can rest assured no one would under any circumstances, have access to this unit at any time while you are out.
• This isn't a brand new house and was built at some point in the 60s. As one guest put it: ‘ If you want a place that feels like a working-class home in a regular neighborhood, where you can kick off your shoes and put your feet up on the coffee table, this IS the place for you.' For those that are seeking a ‘pristine, glistening, fresh-out-of-a-magazine-photo-spread kind of place', perhaps you should seek an alternative option. I mention this because I would prefer to have your expectations of your stay match reality.
• In light of the tenant downstairs, you can expect that at some point during your stay you will be able to hear the muffled sounds of someone living downstairs and vice versa. If you are the type of person that expects ‘to be able to hear a pin drop from 50 meters' at all times throughout your stay then again, perhaps you should seek an alternative option.
Apart from the above, there are no real rules except be respectful, treat the unit as you would your own, and of course, have a ton of fun and enjoy your stay at my place!!
I am a 40-something professional male who has lived in Vancouver, Canada for 16+ years. I love my city and I take pride in helping people enjoy their stay at my place and everything that Vancouver has to offer. I have done allot of international travelling myself and love AirBnB as a way to help encourage people from near and afar to get out and see the world. AirBnB helps guests get a more 'genuine' experience by doing it the way the locals do and I'm happy to be a part of that. During your stay I will be happy to come around and have a chat about your travels and give you good tips on what to do, what to see and where to go for great dining, shopping etc. (and how t o save money while doing it all!), or if you prefer I will give you 100% privacy and let you do your own thing. I'm a hobby musician and like to strum my guitar. I guarantee you and I will get along!