Escape the city and tune into nature. Beautiful, fully equipped waterfront log style cottage in the heart of the Niagara Escarpment is located on 5 acres of pristine woodland surrounded by private spring fed ponds. Our space is perfect for intimate gatherings, weekend getaways, corporate gatherings and retreats.
Large 5 bedroom* Cottage, over 2000 sqft
An 800 sq. ft studio space perfect for yoga, dance, art, etc.
*This room is available at an extra cost.
Private spring fed pond 14,000 sqft very clear water
Sleeps a max of 12
1hr 15 min North/West of Toronto, outside of the town of Horning's Mills
L9V 2V4, Melanchthon.
Beautiful, fully equipped waterfront log style cottage on private natural 4.9 acres surrounded by ponds. NO WIFI - perfect to unplug from technology
(owners cottage also on property)
FULLY FURNISHED AND RENOVATED WITH MUCH LOVE
Large kitchen with new appliances
Large family room & mud room
Screened Muskoka dining Room
Fully equipped kitchen - NO DISHWASHER
46 inch plasma
all kitchen supplies
new renovated deck (600sq ft)
2 small charcoal BBQ
no internet, land line only
10 inflatable chairs for the pond
outdoor fire pits
room for volleyball net
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING PLEASE
Sleeping arrangements include:
3 bedrooms with queen size beds
1 bedroom with double & single bunk + 1 single bed
*1 large bedroom or second large living room with 4 single beds (second double mattress available in closet) suitable for a couple with 1 or 2 kids
Also available; 1 queen size pull out sofa in the main living room area
Other things to note
To speed up the process when inquiring, please let us know the average age, size of your group and the nature of your gathering. Thank you:)
Check in is 4pm
Check out is 11am
We reserve the right to terminate rental immediately with no refund, and or deduct from the damage deposit if the following rules are not respected.
You will be asked to sign a liability release waiver for you and all your guests.
A refundable damage deposit of $800 must be paid by e-transfer before or upon arrival. It is returned upon inspection of the property (following 72 hours).
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. Our cottage is for mature friends and family gatherings only, no parties. Noise levels are to be kept at an acceptable level out of respect to our neighbors as sound carries quite far here in the valley. We do not allow excessive outdoor noise or loud music at any time.
2. NO SHOOTING fire arms on the property.
3. All inflatable chairs are for OUTDOOR USE ONLY.
4. Absolutely no smoking in the house, outdoors only, please ensure to take your butts with you when you leave.
5. Please do not wear shoes indoors.
6. The cottage has no pick up service, you must take your ALL garbage and recycling with you when you leave.
7. We kindly request that our resident family of geese as well as our ducks be respected and left alone (please do not feed them)
8. Camp fires are only permitted in the designated fire pits.
9. Only use charcoal for BBQ
BEFORE YOU LEAVE CHECKLIST
Remove all the bedsheets and leave beside the beds (leave mattress covers)
hang all wet towels in the laundry room to dry (do not pile wet towels or leave in washing machine)
Cleaning fee does not include dirty dishes. Kindly clean, dry and restow in clearly marked areas.
Ensure no garbage is left behind.
All indoor/outdoor furniture should be placed back in its original spot including inflatables and BBQs
Turn heat down in winter
Balance of rental fee is due 10 days prior to arrival.
Full deposit refund up to 10 days prior to arrival date only.
No refunds will be issued after those dates.
We are available to help you throughout your stay as we live in the main house which is also on the land.
What you can expect from us as your hosts is a professional, attentive and caring experience. We are very dedicated to a balanced lifestyle of work and enjoyment of life. We love family and doing our part in helping humanity. As a former restauranteur we understand the needs of a wide range of hosting. As retreat facilitators we also understand the needs of peace and serenity. We are committed to making your stay a memorable one.