A lovely, bright, spacious and clean house that's all yours to use in burgeoning residential area; right near transit; complete with laundry, parking spot, big backyard, an eat-in kitchen and all the amenities you could need. Subway just a five-minute walk and bus stop right across the street. Close to shops and groceries, and a quick drive to the beach.
***NOTE: The unit is located mid-town, not downtown.
With its close proximity to the subway and many bus stops, this house is great for getting downtown, to the Danforth or to the beach. There are plenty of great shops nearby, including a grocery store just a 5-minute walk away. There's also a beauty salon across the street, a beer store a 5-minute walk away and parks and restaurants nearby. The house is on a main street, so you may hear some traffic from time to time.
The backyard is a good size and equipped with a wooden deck and a hammock -- great for lounging and having meals al fresco!
The unit itself provides all the conveniences for a private getaway (kitchen, cooking utensils, dinnerware, laundry, washroom, dishwasher, bedroom, linens, free parking, etc.). High ceilings on the main floor and a loft-style top floor with lower arched ceilings that have a lot of character but will feel cozy if you're over 6'1. :) So FOREWARNING: Tall guests will be affected by the sloping ceilings upstairs.
There is a queen-sized bed upstairs and a twin bed in the bedroom on the main floor.
Guests can use the parking spot as available. Street parking is also available with some restrictions (usually can park overnight until 7 am). And guests can also use the backyard.
Interaction with guests
I like to greet you upon your arrival whenever possible. I am also always available by text and phone.
The most important rule is to make yourself at home! And please don't hesitate to ask for anything you need. I'm happy to show you around whenever possible and sit in the backyard with a cup of tea to tell you about this cosmopolitan city of ours.
Some basic rules:
* Smoking is not permitted inside the unit.
* DO NOT use my house address or personal contact information to open bank accounts, apply for credit cards, apply for government benefits, buy cars, etc. (yes, this has happened). If you need to have a package sent to you, ask me first. If you use my address or contact information without my permission there will be a fine of $250. and your reservation will be cancelled.
* Guests may have one pet. If it's a dog, it should be a small breed.
* No parties allowed inside the unit or in the backyard.
* Please don't play music loudly past 11 p.m.
* Lock the apartment door whenever you leave.
* Turn off lights when you leave.
* Use of fire pit in backyard is not permitted unless supervised by me. This is purely a safety measure -- if you want a fire in the fire pit, ask me and I'll be happy to light one if I'm around. :)
* When you finish your holidays and leave the apartment, please put your garbage, recycling or compose in the bins in the driveway.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a professional who works in the media industry. I have a keen interest in the arts and love animals. I have lived in the city my whole life, so I'm happy to show you around and provide any info you need.