This 862 sq ft modern condo features 1 bedroom with spacious loft and 1.5 bathrooms. Located in picturesque Highland Park- it is just a short drive (3-5 miles) away from Downtown Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, and University of Pittsburgh.
You will have access to the entire condo, including the foyer, kitchen, living room, balcony, 1.5 bathrooms, loft, and bedroom. Feel free to use the closet and hangers in the bedroom and the chest of drawers in the bedroom for your clothes and personal items.
Interaction with guests
I will be available via telephone if any issues arise. Otherwise, we have a caretaker will be available to answer all of your questions and help you with anything you need during your stay.
Other things to note
We have a 2nd bedroom that does not have a door. It is a loft space with a Queen sized bed adjacent to the main bedroom (which has a standard sized bed).
1. Extra guests: The home accommodates upto 4 guests including children.
2. Smoking: A strict ban on smoking in the house. If one has to smoke, s/he is welcome to use the balcony or the outdoors provided all the butts are collected and disposed off.
3. Noise: There is a resident who lives on the 1st floor (directly below) and one who lives next door. Please try to keep loud noises (including loud music) to a minimum. No running or jumping inside the house.
4. Off-limit areas: The basement and the garage are off-limit areas and closed.
5. Laundry: You are free to use the washer/dryer located on the 3rd floor (in the closet across from the bathroom).
6. Gatherings or Parties: Please be respectful of neighbors when having parties by keeping music and noise low and by ending at 10 pm. Recommended maximum party size: 10.
7. Quiet hours: 10 pm – 7 am.
8. Pets/Animals: No pets allowed.
9. Shoes: Do not wear shoes in the house and leave them in the foyer/entrance when you come in. There is a shoe rack and a coat closet that is available for use when you enter.
10. Garbage: Extra white garbage and blue recycling bags are located in the bottom drawer to the right of the sink.
a. You can leave any garbage in the black trash can in the kitchen. If you have full garbage bags anytime during your stay that need to be disposed of, you can take them outside to the large garbage cans by the garage.
b. Garbage collection: Garbage collection happens on Monday mornings and is picked up on the left side of the house at the intersection of Avondale Place and Samantha Way. If you are staying over a Sunday or leaving on a Sunday, please take garbage out there and put it by the lamp-post.
11. Recycling: Blue bags are for Recycling only. Please rinse and dry out any food residue from recyclable items and place items in the brown recycling bin (to the left of the trash can). If you have full recycling bags, please leave them in the condo. Do not put them outside in the garbage cans.
1. Please leave the house the way you found it.
2. Bedding: Bedding can be gathered and left on the bed.
3. Towels: Towels and other linens can be left in the bathroom.
4. Dishes: Rinse and leave in the sink
5. Garbage and Recycling: Dispose of garbage and recycling as detailed in the house rules.
6. Key: Please return the house key to the drop box located outside the condo before you leave.