Three bedrooms, kitchen/dining combo, breakfast nook, 1 full bath, backyard with swing, seats and table with chairs for outside eating or relaxing. Down the block from 24 hour grocery and pharmacy, restaurants, and laundromat. 3 blocks from M train.
We are conveniently located - not a far ride from both NYC airports (though we are closer to LaGuardia), we are a short walk from groceries, great fruit markets, laundry, and great Polish, Mexican, Italian, Japanese and Egyptian restaurants and delis. We are just three blocks to the M train that gets you to Manhattan in 40 minutes, and we are even closer to the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Bushwick and Williamsburg (our stop is three stops from the L train transfer at Myrtle/Wyckoff)
We have a few great breweries in the neighborhood that are a short drive or long walk away - Finback Brewery and Bridge and Tunnel Brewery. Great local brew makers with tasting rooms!
Full access of our first floor access including the backyard but not including closets and dressers.
Interaction with guests
text or call me when you need to.
Other things to note
We will need you to feed our fish once a day. Just toss a pinch of fish food flakes into the tank.
1. No smoking allowed by anyone on or in front of the premises - severe allergies and asthma
2. No shoes in the apartment
3. Feed the fish one good pinch of the flake food found on the top of the tank - PLEASE!!!
4. Keep noise to a minimum - we have tenants below and above
5. No hanging out on the stoop - again tenants come and go
6. Come and go quietly in the hallway
7. Put back all the cushions for outdoor chairs in the storage container every night - stray cats will sit and sleep on them otherwise
8. Do the dishes please - there is no dishwasher
9. We must recycle in NYC - trash in one, paper in the second, glass, plastic and metal and juice and milk containers in the third
I'm a native New Yorker born and raised in Queens. My wife Jess is from Honduras. We met here in NY at college. We now have two boys - 4 and 1 years old. We love to travel and enjoy the outdoors - especially camping by the beach. We are off road and off the beaten path travelers. Some favorite trips include the west coast of Ireland in the remote corners of Connemara, the peaceful and sunny Hana on the east coast of Maui, and the sleepy but gorgeous beach town of Tela on the coast of Honduras. More recently we discovered our new home away from home - Orange Beach on the amazing Alabama gulf coast.
For the past 14 years I have worked as a high school teacher for a small alternative public high school that is part of the New York City Performance Consortium in Long Island City. In addition to slightly more traditional writing and literature courses, I have the freedom to write curriculum and enjoy teaching other courses such as The Graphic Novel and Film as Literature.