This cozy retreat sleeps up to 12, with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and sits on 12 acres of land. Relax and enjoy this rustic home or travel to area attractions. Lake Huron beaches are within a 30 minute drive and Blue Mountain is 45 minutes away.
And in the words of a recent guest... "the view of the stars there is something you will never see in any city.”
[Please note our Long Weekend policy below>> minimum 3-night rental for long weekends].
The house was built by Jane's late Uncle Bell entirely of B.C. cedar. We have recently worked to restore and refinish the beautiful cedar walls and ceilings that cover the interior of the home.
The house has 4 bedrooms on the main level, each with a queen bed. The basement has an open room with 4 single beds.
There are two 3-piece bathrooms - one has a shower and the other has a large jacuzzi whirlpool tub.
The home also includes the following amenities:
- fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, stove, microwave, many small appliances, and all the dishes and cookware you could need.
- dining area that can seat up to 8 when the table is expanded.
- deck with BBQ
- wood stove in the living room
- TV and DVD player
- plenty of games
- upright piano
- cross country skis
There are a few steps up into the house, but the rest of it is all on one level, except for the basement bedroom.
The home is heated by a pellet stove furnace, a wood stove in the living room, and baseboard heaters throughout the house.
The home and 12 acre property are exclusively yours during your stay.
We provide 5 pair of cross country skiis and 3 bikes.
Interaction with guests
Guests will let themselves in, but we are just a phone call or message away if you need anything.
Other things to note
**We require a minimum 3-night booking for long weekends**
- Absolutely no smoking indoors.
- If you move any furniture, please return it to its original location.
- Please wash any dishes that you use and return kitchen items to their original location.
- No deep frying for safety reasons.
- You may see little oval electronic repellers plugged in throughout the house, which are to keep mice away. Please leave those plugged in, as they have proven to be quite effective.
- If you are using strong facial products such as Pro Active, use only white towels not coloured ones, as previous guests have ruined coloured towels with their products.
- In general, leave the home clean and as you found it. :)