Located within walking distance of Old Town Scottsdale, Lily Sleeps is your perfect escape from the cold winter. Whether your plans are for a relaxing getaway, pre-wedding festivities, a great time, or even business travel, you will love your stay!
Like us on that popular website that Mark Zuckerberg brought you (ContactLilySleeps)
Follow us on Instagram @ContactLilySleeps
Part of the Airbnb experience means meeting people and community; however, we understand when that may not always be convenient. You will have electronic access to the home for checking in and out and you will have the house private to yourself during your stay. There is an electronic deadbolt keypad on the front door. You will be provided access instructions a few days prior to your scheduled stay.
Interaction with guests
Scott or Lynda will be available during your stay for any issue that may arise. you will have access to our email and cell numbers for contact. We also do our best to be as responsive as we can to make your stay as amazing as possible!
Other things to note
Some other details:
1. The hot tub is professionally maintained weekly on Tuesdays, and our pool guy appreciates clothed guests during his visits, however promises not to photograph if you forget! We care about safety: the hot tub is drained and sanitized, and filters are changed quarterly.
2. Please enjoy the fire pit; because we provide your first morning coffee/tea supplies...please supply your own firewood for use. Local grocery stores usually carry firewood for use in-season.
3. The house is in a residential neighborhood, so please be respectful toward our neighbors by keeping down the noise, especially when enjoying the outside space and hot tub.
4. The TV stand in the living room is packed with plenty of board games and playing cards.
5. There is a closet off the eat-in kitchen where a full-size, front-loading, HE washer and dryer live for your laundry pleasure.
6. Some inquiring minds want to know the size of the house, isn't that like asking a woman's age or a man's shoe size!? As if size matters, we are 1,362 sq ft total livable space. There is no garage; however, there is covered parking for 1/driveway space for 2 more. We ask people to refrain from parking in the street where possible, keeping our neighbors in mind.
7. The master bedroom has a queen-size bed with a plush mattress, the second bedroom has a queen-size bed with a firmer mattress, and the office/third bedroom has a pullout full-size futon. There is also a memory foam topper that can be used in either the second bedroom or office/third bedroom, depending on your taste. Additionally, we have a queen-size air mattress that would go in the living room.
8. Dogs DO NOT live on the property full-time; however, we spend a lot of time with rescue dogs in their environment. While we professionally clean the house, we are conscious of full-disclosure for those with serious pet-allergies.
Please note our check in and out times. We often have guests who book back to back, so please request any special arrangements for checking in early or checking out late when you book your reservation. We always try to accommodate everyone's needs!
1. Smoking is permitted outside only and in the fire pit area. Please dispose of properly extinguished smoking material in the trash can in the alley before check-out.
2. Pets permitted only with host review and pre-approval on a case-by-case basis.
3. No firearms, fireworks, or illegal drug use permitted.
4. Please have fun and enjoy our hot tub, but glass is not permitted in or around the hot tub area. Guests whose actions lead to broken glass in or around the hot tub area face forfeiture of security deposit and incur additional charges for professional draining, cleaning, chemical treatment, and refilling of hot tub. Please consider everyone's safety--including ours and future guests'--when enjoying the hot tub!
The nitty gritty the insurance companies and lawyers love:
5. Check out time is 11 AM unless other arrangements are made and approved in advance. Unauthorized late check-out will be charged $25/hour. Check in time is 4 PM unless other
arrangements are made and approved in advance.
5a. Guests who leave the property (check out) more than 1 hour later than an agreed-upon check-out time will be charged an additional night's stay fee at full list price. This will be considered for anyone who has made prior special arranged check out times via written communication with the host. Verification of check-out time by host or cleaning services will be considered valid.
6. Execution of booking shall be deemed a valid acceptance of house rules and rental agreement.
7. We reserve the right to do a non-judicial lock out of any tenant who refuses to check out at the end of the agreed rental period.
8. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illness, or death that occurs while on the premises or its facilities, nor responsible for the losses and/or damages of vehicles, personal belongings, or valuables. All guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premise or others whom they invite to use the premise, including, but not limited to, injury or loss of life due to acts of god, wildlife, weather, or use of bikes, tools, or other facilities on the property. Owner is not responsible for any legal infractions, penalties, fees, or incarcerations including but not limited to noise, neighbor complaints, outdoor fires, firearms, fireworks, or illegal drug use.
9. Unless approved by host in advance, only those who have been granted accommodations are permitted on property.
10. We reserve the right to retain your security deposit if we receive a complaint of excessive noise from neighbors. Have fun, but please be respectful of our neighbors! Please be especially quiet after 8 PM. Thank you!
Scott hails from Brookfield, Connecticut, and Lynda is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We live in the Desert Southwest, calling Arizona home now.
Lynda loves of dogs, photography, and any local art scene. She is an accountant and entrepreneur by day but would much rather enjoy live music, a local art event, or bare feet in the grass. Scott is a creative welder, tinkerer, and builder of many things, and in his past lives has been a high school administrator, flight instructor, and Army officer. He certainly finds life in Arizona more enjoyable than his days serving in Iraq. We love to travel and especially enjoy immersing ourselves in the "local scene" whenever possible. Airbnb has provided dynamic opportunities to do so! We are so grateful to have made many friends across the country, as guests and hosts. We are also excited for an upcoming trip to Spain to stay with amazing hosts in Barcelona!
While Lynda has hosted her personal home for a few years now, we have recently joined the Airbnb hosting ranks together with our home we call "Lily Sleeps." We have a true passion for supporting local art; we enjoy featuring many local artists' works and sharing them with you. We hope you enjoy the eclectic (sometimes edgy...) blend of talent and original art decorating our home.
We would love for you to enjoy your stay as much as we enjoy the positive energy this home radiates. This house certainly has special meaning for us; it was the first home we worked on together, and the house also features some of the furniture that Scott has built. Not to be outdone, you won't have to look too far to see Lynda's tattooed likeness in the living room. We remodeled this 1957 small home in hopes of restoring some of its MCM charm.
Please enjoy your stay!
Lynda and Scott