Skip to content

Top recommendations from locals

Library
“Who likes books, there is a perfect place for you - National Library of Serbia Near the Temple of Saint Sava.”
  • 14 locals recommend
Library
  • 5 locals recommend
Library
“One of the first public libraries in Hungary at the time, the Teleki Téka was founded in 1802 by count Teleki Samuel, it has over 200,000 volumes.”
  • 3 locals recommend
College Library
“This is one of the most beautiful libraries in the country and besides it's value as library and architecture, there are also recitals of clasical music happening here.”
  • 2 locals recommend
Library
“coffee shop, theatre, performances, recitals, library, dances, art gallery, crafts”
  • 2 locals recommend
Library
“An important cultural Romanian landmark. Central University Library "Carol 1st" Bucharest is situated near Royal Palace and Romanian Athenaeum, in the building of the palace of the university foundation Carol 1st. This palace is the work of the French architect Paul Gottereau, it was built between 1891 and 1893. The building was burnt in 1989, when were lost a lot of manuscripts, rare maps and books. It was made a reconstruction, and the library was official reopened in 2001”
  • 4 locals recommend
Library
  • 1 local recommends
Library
  • 1 local recommends
Library
“The Lucian Blaga Central University Library of Cluj-Napoca (Romanian: Biblioteca Centrală Universitară "Lucian Blaga" din Cluj-Napoca) serves Babeş-Bolyai University in Romania. The library was founded in 1872, at the same time as Franz Joseph University (eventually supplanted by Babeş-Bolyai University). Its initial stock, about 18,000 volumes, was made up by gathering the collections received from the Law Academy of Sibiu, the Medical School and Government Archives of Cluj, and those of Iosif Benigni's rich private collections. In 1873/74 the Transylvanian Museum was transferred to the Central University Library. Its library had been founded in 1859, as the Library of the Society of the Transylvanian Museum, on the basis of donations and grants from Metropolitan Bishops Andrei Şaguna and Alexandru Sterca-Șuluțiu and Count Imre Mikó. In 1860 the Library of the Transylvanian Museum had been declared "public" and open for the use of citizens, but in 1873/74 it was transferred to the university, being moved to a location near the Central University Library. Although housed in the same building, these two large libraries grew independently of each other for about half a century. ”
  • 1 local recommends
Library
“University Library, one of the largest research libraries in the Balkans, whose function is to serve the educational and research needs of the academic population.”
  • 1 local recommends
Library
“In 1780, Ignac Batthyany, bishop of Transylvania, transformed a former Unitarian church into one of the most famous libraries in Transylvania.”
  • 1 local recommends