Host Protection Insurance
In the rare event someone gets hurt or their property is damaged during a covered stay at your place, you may be protected with up to $1,000,000 USD primary liability insurance.
Host Protection Insurance may cover:
- Your legal responsibility for bodily injury to guests or others
- Your legal responsibility for damage to property belonging to guests or others
- Your legal responsibility for damage to common areas, like building lobbies and neighbouring properties, caused by a guest or others
Host Protection Insurance doesn't cover:
- Damage or injury resulting from something done intentionally (not an accident)
- Loss of income
- Damage to your place or belongings (those may be protected by Airbnb’s Host Guarantee*)
*Airbnb’s Host Guarantee is not related to Host Protection Insurance or Airbnb UK Services Limited.
We're committed to promoting a safe and trusted and community around the world.
Uslan, host in London
Uslan, host in London
The claim process
1. Intake form is completed
When a host, guest, or third party contacts Community Support, Airbnb will provide information on the process of filing a claim.
2. The insurer appoints an adjuster, who then reviews the claim
After the intake form is completed, an adjuster on behalf of the insurance company will get in touch to discuss the claim and gather information.
3. The claim is investigated
The third-party claims adjuster settles the claim in accordance with the terms of the Host Protection Insurance policy and applicable laws and regulations in the applicable jurisdiction.
Your questions answered
Do I need to do anything to be insured under Host Protection Insurance?
No. By agreeing to list a property on Airbnb, or by continuing to list a property on Airbnb, hosts* agree to be covered under Host Protection Insurance for occurrences during Airbnb stays. Note that Host Protection Insurance is subject to policy terms, conditions, and exclusions.
Hosts who want to opt out of the Host Protection Insurance program must do the following:
- Email us from the email address associated with your host account
- Include your full name and phone number associated with your host account
- Include the exact title of your listing
Please note the opt-out email address will not be monitored other than to process opt-out requests.