Respond to an inquiry
An inquiry is a message from a guest looking for more information about certain dates they have in mind before they send a trip request. It means they’re this close to saying yes—so, help them out!
Respond within 24 hours
Be sure to respond to all messages—especially inquiries and trip requests—within 24 hours. A quick response is one of the best ways to lock in a reservation and maintain a good response rate, which helps your listing appear higher in search results.
Speed things up
Every inquiry is an opportunity to impress. Responding with the right incentive can get help you fill your place sooner.
- Invite them to book: This is the fastest way to clinch a reservation after an inquiry—all the guest has to do is confirm your invitation
- Send a special offer: Depending on what they’re asking, try suggesting a different price, date, or listing that might work better
- HostRespond to a requestYou have 24 hours to accept or decline a trip request before it expires.
- HostDecline a trip requestYou can always decline any inquiries or requests that you can’t accommodate, but you should do so within 24 hours.
- HostPre-approving guestsYou should only send a pre-approval if you’re ready to confirm a reservation. If the guest books within 24 hours, the reservation will be co…