How is Airbnb partnering with the Pan American Health Organization?
Airbnb is collaborating with the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) to provide our community with food safety resources. PAHO is world’s oldest international public health Organization. It serves as the Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization and the specialized agency for health of the Organization of American States. PAHO’s mission is to lead strategic collaborative efforts among all of the countries in the Western Hemisphere and other partners to promote equity in health, to combat disease, and to improve the lives of the people of the Americas.
As part of its food safety program, PAHO supports technical cooperation between countries to strengthen their national systems to promote safe food and water, mitigating the risks of foodborne diseases.
The resources Airbnb has developed for food safety include:
- Safety guidelines for experiences that involve cooking
- Food allergies
- Dietary restrictions or preferences
- HostResponsible hosting in TurkeyWe offer help for Airbnb Hosts to familiarize themselves with hosting responsibilities, and to provide a general overview of different laws,…
- GuestFood safety guidelines for Airbnb ExperiencesHosts must keep things clean, separate raw and cooked foods, cook food thoroughly, keep food at safe temperatures, use safe water, and offer…
- HostPrimary Hosts: An introductionThe primary Host is the person who is designated as the Host on a reservation. They may be the listing owner, Co-Host, or a hosting team mem…