What is a video inspection?
Video inspections are part of a new program we’re rolling out this year called Airbnb Verified, which recognizes listings that meet guest expectations for reliability. Our video inspection uses video conferencing technology to connect hosts with our Airbnb team members so they can review a listing’s location and amenities, and compare that to the details posted on Airbnb.
How it works
Right now, video inspections are available by invitation only. We’ll be sending out more invitations throughout the summer.
- Prep your space. Make sure everything posted about your listing on Airbnb is available, including basic amenities: working locks, bedding, basic bathing items and toiletries, and access to full bathroom facilities.
- Be in your space. You must be at your listing to complete the virtual walkthrough. Please book your walkthrough at a time when you will be present, and able to complete a home tour. We won’t be able to complete it if you’re not physically there.
- No guests. We’ll need access to the full space, so guests can't be present, though it does not have to be in guest-ready condition (ex: bed does not have to be made, etc.).
- Download Zoom. All virtual walkthroughs will be conducted using Zoom - a free video conferencing app. Please download the free Zoom app in advance for your iOS or Android mobile device.
- Use a mobile device. You will need to walk around your space. Please plan to join the Zoom video call from your smartphone or tablet. Laptops are not recommended.
- Cancellations and rescheduling. Due to scheduling constraints, rescheduling is not guaranteed. If you need to, use the link in your appointment confirmation to rebook, but please try to schedule your original appointment at a time that will work for you..
Reviewing multiple listings
Right now, home reviews are available by invite-only for single-listing hosts so that we can work to better refine our process. If you happen to have a second listing, we’ll try to accommodate you, though it’s not guaranteed. Additionally, we’re not yet able to support nested listings, which are listings where a host has listed both their entire home, and a private room within the home. We’re working to accommodate you as quickly as we can.
- Here's what you need to know about occupancy tax collection and remittance in your area.
- HostWe offer help for Airbnb Hosts to familiarize themselves with hosting responsibilities, and to provide a general overview of different laws,…
- HostWhen we collect and remit occupancy taxes on your behalf, you can find the total occupancy tax amount in your transaction history and in you…