What to do if the place you're staying in isn’t clean at check-in
Always message your Host to discuss a solution first. It’s likely that they’ll be able to help you fix the issue. If your Host can’t help or you’d like to request a refund, we’re here to support you.
Send a refund request
Here’s how to prepare:
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or video to document issues like a missing or broken amenity.
- Submit your request: You’ll describe the issue and provide photos or video if you can. You can ask the Host to fix the issue, request a refund of the cleaning fee, or, for severe issues, you could request to cancel your reservation for a full refund of the remaining nights.
- Wait for a response: If your Host declines or doesn’t respond, you can ask Airbnb to step in to help. Airbnb will refer to the Rebooking and Refund Policy to determine what help we can provide.
Though we always want Hosts and guests to work things out directly if they can, we know it’s not always possible. If an issue comes up that you’re not able to resolve with your Host (or your Host declines or doesn’t respond to your refund request), let us know and someone from our team will step in to help.
If we find the issue is protected by AirCover, we’ll get you a full or partial refund, or, depending on the circumstances, find you a similar or better place to stay.
Remember that you have 72 hours to report any issue to us from the time of discovery.
For issues that may pose an immediate health risk, such as bed bugs, mould or other allergens, please contact local emergency services if needed. If you need help with your reservation, you can send a request to Airbnb, and we’ll determine the appropriate resolution under our Rebooking and Refund Policy.
- GuestPlease review our Rebooking and Refund Policy.
- GuestEvery booking comes with AirCover for guests. If there’s a serious issue with your Airbnb that your Host can't resolve, we’ll help you find …
- GuestIf anything unexpected comes up during your stay, message your Host to discuss a solution first. It’s likely that they’ll be able to help yo…