Combatting hate, harassment, and discrimination
We want our Hosts and guests to have stays and Experiences free from harassment and discrimination.
What we don’t allow
- Bullying and harassment: No one should be subjected to unwanted behaviour, such as bullying, cyberbullying, harassment, or stalking.
- Discriminatory refusal of service: Hosts may not refuse service to a guest because the guest belongs to a group or category, like race or religion, as explained in our Nondiscrimination Policy.
- Discriminatory differential treatment: Hosts should not apply different treatment, rules, or behaviour to a guest because of the guest’s membership in a protected class.
- Dangerous speech: No one should be subjected to language that calls for harm, dehumanizes, or claims an individual is a threat or physical danger to others because that individual belongs to a protected class.
- Slurs, hate speech, or derogatory language: No one should be subjected to prejudicial language related to another individual’s membership in a protected class, such as expressions of contempt, disgust, or physical, mental, or moral deficiencies.
- Deadnaming or misgendering: Individuals who identify as transgender should not be referred to by their pre-transition name or pronouns if they inform others that they use different ones post-transition.
- Coded language or microaggressions: No one should be targeted with phrases that are deeply rooted societal stereotypes based on membership in a protected class.
- Hateful, discriminatory, or offensive images, symbols, or objects: No one should be subjected to images that denigrate a religion or a culture, images that contain derogatory/coded language, or symbols, logos, or slogans tied to extremist or hate groups.
We're here to help
If you witness or experience behaviour that goes against our policies, please let us know.
While these guidelines don’t cover every possible scenario, they’re designed to offer general guidance on Airbnb’s community policies.
- GuestSelect the conversation with the person you want to report or block and follow the instructions.
- GuestFrom sharing your story in your bio section to leaving honest reviews, connecting with other members of our community is key to travelling w…
- Once you go through the cancellation process, you’ll be able to review the refund amount before you finalize the change.