Airbnb feels a deep responsibility to serve its Community, including Hosts, guests, partners, and others who use or encounter our platform and services. Part of serving our Community includes protecting our trademarks and brand. We don’t want our Community or anyone else to be confused about whether something is endorsed, controlled, or managed by us. These Guidelines are designed to protect our brand, and also to help you share about Airbnb responsibly.
These Guidelines are part of our Terms of Service. By using any of Airbnb’s services, you’re agreeing to these Guidelines, our Terms of Service, and our other policies.
1. Airbnb's trademarks
Airbnb’s trademarks include the Airbnb name, Airbnb logo, Bélo logo, the Superhost badge, and AirCover, as well as all words, slogans, icons, logos, graphics, designs, and other indicators that identify Airbnb or its services or products. We have put a lot of effort into ensuring that everything we provide you is of the highest quality, and that our brand represents those efforts. This is why we protect our brands extensively by registering our trademarks and trade dress in the US and around the world. You may not use the Airbnb logo, the Bélo logo, or any Airbnb trademarks or icons unless you have written permission from Airbnb.
2. Using the Airbnb name
Although you cannot use any of Airbnb’s trademarks without permission, you may talk about Airbnb or use the Airbnb name to factually describe what you are offering. If this is you, please remember to stick to the following guidelines:
Keep it factual and descriptive
- You may mention “Airbnb” only in a way that honestly and accurately describes your relationship with Airbnb or your content
- Use “Airbnb” only in body text (not, for example, in titles and headlines) in an identical size, type, colour, and style to the rest of the body text
- Do not reference “Airbnb” in a way that implies partnership, sponsorship, or endorsement.
- Do not use the word “Airbnb” more than necessary to factually describe your relationship with Airbnb in your content. If the expression or sentence has the same meaning without the word “Airbnb,” remove it.
Factual and descriptive
We are a Property Management Company managing many listings on Airbnb
We are an Airbnb Management Company
We provide professional cleaning services for homes listed on Airbnb
Professional Airbnb cleaning services
We specialize in homes listed on Airbnb
|My Tips on Becoming an Airbnb Host|
Airbnb Host Seminar
- Adopt and use a name, logo, and brand identity, including colour and font (or typeface) that is distinct from Airbnb’s trademarks and brand elements
- Do not use the Bélo logo in any form, including separately or in combination with any business name, trademark, social media account name, or generic term
- Do not use “Airbnb,” “Air,” “bnb,” or similar terms, in your website name, business name, product name, trademarks, domain registrations, social media handles, brand assets, etc.
- Do not feature Airbnb's distinctive Rausch colour prominently in your content, including in your trademarks, logos, designs, or other brand elements
Bob’s Best Island Rental
Red's Rental Cleaning
Anna’s Island Escape
Bikebandb or Bikeb&b
Bike and Stay Rentals
STR Management Co
For property management companies
If you want to advertise your short-term rental management company, the above guidelines apply to you as well. Please also remember not to refer to yourself as an “Airbnb Management Company,” or assert an “exclusive relationship” with Airbnb which would likely confuse users into believing you are affiliated with Airbnb. You can mention that you manage or service homes listed on Airbnb, but Airbnb should not be the focus of your website or other advertising material.
If you have a website, you must include a prominent disclosure on your website as follows, “[name of your company] is an independent third party and is not endorsed by or associated with Airbnb or its affiliates.” If you have an earnings calculator, contact form, or any other user data capture on your website, please display the disclaimer prominently underneath the CTA button.
Partners must have written permission to use our trademarks. If you do have permission to use our trademarks, you are required to abide by the latest brand guidelines provided by your Airbnb point of contact who can answer any questions regarding these or supplementary guidelines.
- Experience HostExperiences involving transportation in BangkokHosting Airbnb Experiences is fun, but there are some obligations and rules that apply to different activities. We’ve gathered some resource…
- Canton of FribourgIf you're thinking about becoming an Airbnb Host, here's some information to help you understand the laws in your city
- DortmundIf you're thinking about becoming an Airbnb Host, here's some information to help you understand the laws in your city.