What if I need to cancel because of a problem with the listing or host?
If anything unexpected comes up during your stay, generally it’s a good idea to try talking to your host first—most hosts prefer to quickly resolve any issue by fixing it, offering a partial refund, or both. You can message your host from your inbox.
If you come to an agreement with your host that includes reimbursement, you and your host can use the Resolution Centre to send and receive money. If your host cancels your reservation, you will always get a full refund, including all fees and taxes.
Travel issues eligible for a Guest Refund Policy claim
The Guest Refund Policy has additional details, but here’s an overview of what’s covered:
- No access to the listing, like if the host provides the wrong lockbox code and can’t be reached, or if they change your reservation to another listing without your consent
- Space isn’t safe or clean upon arrival, including dirty linens, dangerous vermin or insects, or safety or health hazards
- Key amenities are missing or not working, for example, the kitchen is under construction, the pool is in disrepair during the summer months, or the furnace is broken during the winter
- Place isn’t as it was described in the listing description, for example, the number of rooms or beds is different, or accessibility features are missing
Submit your claim within 24 hours
If you encounter a travel issue like one of the above at any point during your trip:
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or videos to document issues like dirty linens or incorrect access codes
- Contact us: Message or call Airbnb within 24 hours of noticing the travel issue, and share your photos or videos
- Remain available: We’ll need to follow up with next steps specific to you