DuBois mid-century masterpiece near art museum
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 baths
This historic villa is one of the jewels of the Vista Las Palmas neighborhood in Palm Springs. Designed by the renowned architect Charles DuBois and built by the Alexander Company, the mid-century masterpiece features exquisite interior and alfresco living spaces for stylish relaxation and entertaining, along with five superb bedrooms opening directly to the terrace. After a recent, comprehensive renovation of the house and grounds, the villa offers an unparalleled experience of classic Southern California elegance enhanced by top-shelf contemporary comforts.
The 17,000-square-foot estate enjoys beautiful views of the surrounding Sonoran Desert hills. Savor enchanting days by the salt-water swimming pool, relaxing in the elevated hot tub, sunbathing on semi-submerged loungers, and plunging into the scintillating waters. Cook a barbeque lunch in the afternoon, and relish it alfresco in the gorgeous lanai. In the evening, behold the dreamy sunset light from the lounge, and kindle the fire pit in the nighttime breeze.
Expansive glass doors connect the terrace with the 3,500-square-foot interior, creating a lovely flow of space and air. Enjoy an elegant soirée with guests and family, sidling up to the superb bar for cocktails, and sitting together in the spacious lounge. Prepare delicious feasts in the gourmet kitchen, with its beautiful walnut cabinetry and ample island, before gathering around the lovely, ten-person dining table. The exquisite décor includes American and Danish modernist furnishings and original artwork, while contemporary features such as a Sonos sound system, Apple and Satellite TV, and a Lutron lighting-automation system ensure utter comfort.
The five bedroom suites—three with king beds, one with a queen, and one with two queens—all enjoy large glass doors to the terrace. The master bedroom, the primary king guestroom, and the double-queen room all feature ensuite bathrooms as well—the master's with a stand-alone tub. Serenely luminous by day and tranquil by night, the bedrooms offer exquisite privacy for downtime and rest.
The villa is just a ten-minute walk from downtown Palm Springs and within minutes by car from a variety of renowned golf and country clubs, including Mesquite, Indian Canyons, Escena, and The Vintage. Palm Desert is just fourteen miles by car, while Indian Wells and Coachella are within easy reach.
Palm Springs City ID # 3623
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Rain shower, Television, Sofa, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Rain shower, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom, Stand-alone shower, Desk, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace,
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom, Stand-alone shower & bathtub, Rain shower, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 5: 2 Queen size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Rain shower, Television, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wine cooler
- Ice maker
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Wet bar
- Decorative fireplace
- Sonos sound system
- Apple TV
- Cable TV
- Central air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Iron/Ironing board
- Saltwater swimming pool (heating at extra cost)
- Hot tub (heating included)
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Gas barbeque
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Fire pit
- Parking for 6 vehicles
- Street facing security camera
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Private chef
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Spa services
- Laundry service
Points of Interest
- 10 minute walk to Downtown Palm Springs
- 10 minute drive to Mesquite Golf & Country Club
- 4.8 miles to Indian Canyons Golf Resort
- 5.1 miles to Escena Golf Club
- 6.2 miles to Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- 6.7 miles to Indian Canyons
- 14 miles to Downtown Palm Desert
- 17 miles to The Vintage Club Golf Course
- 19 miles to Indian Wells Tennis Garden
- 23 miles to Old Town La Quinta
- 26 miles to Coachella Festival Grounds
- 33 miles to PGA West Golf Resort
- 55 miles to Joshua Tree National Park
- 10 minute drive to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 8 people
Sonos sound system
+ 11 more
Palm Springs, CA
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.