Renovated brick workshop near San Gimignano
12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 8 baths
Uncover modern luxury close to the historic charm of San Gimignano at Villa Iris. This beautifully restored vacation rental overlooks the town’s famous towers from a perch amid the vineyards and is close enough to Siena and Florence for a day trip. Make the six-bedroom villa your home for a relaxing holiday with family or a base for exploring Tuscany with friends.
Villa Iris sits on more than an acre of private grounds surrounded by quintessential Italian countryside: olive groves, vineyards and hills rolling into the distance. Enjoy the views from outdoor living areas with a stone swimming pool, jetted tub, bocce court, lounging and dining areas, and a barbecue. Inside, you’ll find amenities from a fitness room and ping-pong table to a wellness area with a sauna.
The villa itself was once a brick workshop and dates back to 1737. Thanks to a careful restoration, it’s now comfortable and chic, with traditional details like cotto floors and beamed ceilings set off by casual modern furnishings in the living and dining rooms. The fully equipped kitchen expertly pairs rustic cabinetry with state-of-the-art appliances and Carrara marble surfaces to stunning effect.
There are three bedrooms on the villa’s ground floor, all with king beds, and three on the upper story: two with double beds and one with two twin beds. All six bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning.
The grounds and scenery around Villa Iris make it the perfect setting for a family reunion, a milestone birthday or anniversary celebration or even a destination wedding—and the honeymoon after. If you’ve just come to sightsee, it’s an easy walk through the vineyards to a nearby restaurant, where you can dine or try a wine tasting, and the towers of San Gimignano. Drive to Siena, Florence or Volterra for the day, and if you have time, continue your trip in Lucca or Pisa.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with combo bathtub and shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 4: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 6: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area
- Air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing board
- Satellite Television
- CD Player
- Fitness room
- Wellness area
- Finnish Sauna with colour therapy and multi-sensory shower
- Table tennis
- Baby Cot (on request – free of charge)
- High chair (on request – free of charge)
- Swimming pool
- Jetted tub
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Bocce court
STAFF & SERVICES
- Houskeeping - 3 hours 3 times a week
- Welcome buffet
- Bed & pool linen change on Saturdays
- Bath linen change on Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Electricity consumption up to 350Kw a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Airport transfers
- Electricity consumption above 350Kw a week
- Final cleaning
- Additional housekeeping
- Villa heating
- Baby equipment
- Chef services
- Wine tasting
- Cooking classes
- Event fee
- Horseback riding tour
- Painting & drawing lessons
- Mandatory departure cleaning fee
- City tax of €1.50 per person per night is to be paid upon arrival in cash, children under 12 are exempt
- 2 km to Town of San Gimignano
- 6 km to Poggibonsi
- 25 km to Siena
- 25 km to Castefalfi Golf Club
- 26 km to Volterra
- 38 km to Florence
- 75 km to Lucca
- 77 km to Pisa
- 55.9 km to Florence Airport (FLR)
- 80 km to Pisa Airport (PSA)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Bocce ball court
Ping pong table
+ 2 more
San Gimignano, Italy
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.