Chalet on the rocks
11 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5.5 baths
The French Alps get a sleek frame of contemporary architecture at Chalet on the Rocks. Perched in the forest above Chamonix, this beautifully designed vacation rental commands breathtaking views of Mont-Blanc, the Aiguille du Midi and the Glacier des Bossons. Even better, its location puts you within walking distance of the center of Chamonix and just a short drive from some of the area’s best skiing.
Your holiday at this luxury chalet includes daily breakfast and housekeeping. When you’re not out on the slopes, enjoy the mountain views from a sunny terrace with loungers and a barbecue, or indulge in a soak in the al-fresco hot tub. There’s also an indoor sauna, as well as satellite TV, Apple TV and Wi-Fi.
The villa has the same sloping roof and wood paneling as traditional mountain lodges, but its pared-down lines and glass walls give it a modern twist. At its heart is an open-concept great room with a cozy sitting area arranged by a fireplace, a dining table for twelve and a fully equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar.
Chalet on the Rocks has one bedroom with a king bed and private balcony, and four bedrooms with double beds. All five bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, making the property ideal for a group of friends or extended family who want both time together and some privacy.
If you’ve come to the Alps for the skiing, you’re in luck—you’ll find Le Brevent lift, Mont-Blanc Ski and the Aiguille du Midi all just a short drive from the chalet. For everything from a quick après-ski drink to a full honeymoon-worthy dinner, walk or drive into the center of Chamonix, then return to your own retreat in the hills and watch the lights of the town twinkle below.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with rain shower & bathtub, Private balcony
- Bedroom 2: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with rain shower, Dual vanity, Television, Access to terrace
- Bedroom 3: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with rain shower & bathtub, Television
- Bedroom 4: Double size bed,Jack-and-Jill bathroom with rain shower, Television
- Bedroom 5: Single bunk bed and additional single bed, Jack-and-Jill bathroom with rain shower, Television
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Breakfast bar
- Ski room with boot warmers
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Satelite television
- Apple TV
- Iron/Ironing board
- Ice maker
- View of Mont-Blanc
- Hot tub - Heating included
- Garage - 2 spaces
- Parking - 4 spaces
- Sun loungers (during summer months)
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeping (3hrs/per day)
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Private transfers
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 1 km drive to Town center
- 2.2 km drive Centre-ville Chamonix
- 3.5 km drive to Chamonix Amusement Park
- 6.1 km drive to Les Houches
- 9 km drive to Aigulle du Grepon
- 31 km drive o Megeve
- 2 km drive to Le Brevent lift
- 2.2 km drive to Mont-Blanc Ski
- 2.2 km drive to Aiguille du Midi
- 37.5 km drive to Altiport Megeve (LFH)
- 97 km drive to Geneva airport (GVA)
- 217 km drive Lyon–Saint-Exupéry Airport (LYS)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 12 people
+ 3 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.