Cancellation options due to COVID-19
Reservations made on or before March 14, 2020
If your reservation was made on or before March 14, 2020 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, you can find out what your current cancellation and refund options are by going to cancel your reservation and choosing My travel plans have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Depending on your circumstances, you may see one or more of the following options:
- A refund according to your Host’s cancellation policy
- A full cash refund after submitting official documentation for review
- An extenuating circumstances travel credit
- Ask your Host for a full refund
Reservations made after March 14, 2020 and before May 31, 2022
If your reservation was made after March 14, 2020 and before May 31, 2022 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, your Host’s cancellation policy will apply. However, if you’re sick due to COVID-19, this is covered under our Extenuating Circumstances Policy.
If your reservation doesn’t qualify for a full refund, you can always message your Host to find out if they’re willing to give you an additional refund through the Resolution Centre.
Reservations made on or after May 31, 2022
If your reservation was made on or after May 31, 2022 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, your Host’s cancellation policy will apply. Our Extenuating Circumstances Policy does not cover COVID-19-related cancellations for these bookings.
Other things to be aware of
The information above doesn’t apply to Luxe reservations, which are subject to a separate Luxe Rebooking and Refund Policy. For Luxe reservations booked before March 20, 2020, see Airbnb Luxe's response to COVID-19 and reach out directly to your trip designer with any questions.
Different policies apply for domestic reservations in South Korea.
- GuestYou can get a full refund for any adventure if you cancel at least 30 days before the adventure is scheduled to start, or within 24 hours of…
- GuestFind details about requirements and how to take the next steps.
- HostIf your guest changes a monthly stay with less than 30 days' notice, you have the option to either enforce or waive your cancellation policy…