Secluded ranch-style villa on Howell Mountain
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 6.5 baths
Satisfy all your senses at Napa Valley Mountain Retreat: gaze over the Napa landscape, listen to the estate’s water feature, breathe in the mountain air, feel the California sun and taste the vintages at local wineries. With an incredible location on Howell Mountain overlooking the town of St. Helena, this rustic, wine-country vacation rental has views for miles and space for up to ten guests.
Take in the panorama from beautifully appointed outdoor living spaces set in equally picturesque gardens. Catch up on reading in a lounger by the fountain, cool off in the private pool or challenge friends and family on the putting green or bocce court. Heat up the pizza oven or barbecue in the outdoor kitchen for dinner, then pair with a local wine and serve at the al-fresco table. Watch the stars come out on the outdoor furniture or go inside to unwind in front of the satellite TV and sound system.
From the sloped roof to the elegant furnishings, Napa Valley Mountain Retreat is filled with European-inspired charm. Polished hardwood floors and a relatively open floor plan connect the two-story great room and smaller TV lounge to the fully equipped kitchen and a dining room with seating for ten and windows on three sides.
Three of the villa’s five bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms: a master suite to rival any luxury hotel with a king bed and jetted tub, a second bedroom with a queen bed, and a detached guest bedroom with a queen bed and wood-burning stove that could be used as a cozy, honeymoon-style retreat. The other two bedrooms have a king bed and queen bed, respectively, and share a bathroom—perfect for parents on holiday with younger children.
Though this rustic estate is ideal for a quiet escape, it also makes a wonderful base from which to explore the Napa and Sonoma area. Descend the hill, and you’re only 5 minutes from some of the area’s most exclusive boutique wineries and a short drive from dining and shopping in the town of St. Helena. Oakville, downtown Napa and Sonoma Square are all within day-trip distance—and well worth the drive.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & jetted bathtub, Dual vanity, Television, Walk-in closet, Air conditioning, Patio access
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Television, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Access to shared bathroom with bedroom #4, Shower/bathtub combo, Television, Air conditioning, Patio access
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Access to shared bathroom with bedroom #3, Shower/bathtub combo, Television, Air conditioning, Patio access
Guest House - Detached guest suite above the garage
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, Queen size day bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Wood burning stove, Desk
*Bedroom 4 is accessed through bedroom 3 and also has an entrance through the back patio
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Ice maker
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Satellite television
- DVD Player
- Sound system
- Air conditioning in main house only
- Iron/ironing board
- Swimming Pool
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining with seating for 6
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Outdoor pizza oven
- Vineyard and mountain views
- Putting green
- Parking (maximum 5 cars)
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Daily housekeeping
- Mid-stay clean with linen change
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 8.9 miles to Town of Saint Helena
- 13.8 miles to Downtown Calistoga
- 14.9 miles to Oakville
- 28 miles to Downtown Napa
- 34.5 miles to Sonoma Square
- 33 miles to Sonoma County Airport (STS)
- 35 miles to Napa County Airport (APC)
- 87 miles to San Francisco Airport (SFO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 6 people
+ 2 more
Napa County Airport
50 min(s) drive
Sonoma County Airport
52 min(s) drive
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
106 min(s) drive
Points of Interest
18 min(s) drive
Town of Calistoga
24 min(s) drive
26 min(s) drive
60 min(s) drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.